Solar Hot Water Heating
Utilizing solar energy to heat your water is environmentally friendly, clean and simple, and the solar panels are easy to install; investing in a solar water heating system allows you to produce your own heated water with no noise, no air pollution, and no moving parts, while using an abundant, renewable resource. A solar water system works with existing water heating systems and will never run out of fuel, and it can help reduce the amount of greenhouse gasses emitted by natural gas powered water heaters and drastically reduce the amount of electricity used to traditionally heat water in your home.
The solar hot water system is designed to operate automatically, taking advantage of solar energy when it is available.
The system will turn on when solar energy can be added to the existing water heater. The solar controller will activate the circulation module which will push water up to the solar collector(s) and begin circulation. When solar energy becomes unavailable or when heated water is not required, the system will turn off and all water will gravity drain into the drainback tank so the water cannot freeze on your roof or in your attic.
- Solar Water Heating – How it works: the sun’s rays, or natural energy, heat the solar panels
- The timer operates the system when the solar energy can heat your water
- When the system is operating, water channels through the solar collector to absorb maximum heat from the sun
- The circulation module transfers the heated water from the solar panels to storage in your hot water tank
- The solar heated water is available in your hot water tank for all existing hot water needs (including laundry, dishes and bathing)
- When not in operation the water in the solar collectors is stored in the wall mounted drain-back tank to prevent any chance for the water to freeze. This can also be installed as a second hot water tank
Want to make your home more sustainable and environmentally friendly? Contact us today for a consultation with one of our experts!