When we talk about solar energy we most often mean the use of the sun’s energy for practical purposes – such as cooking food, heating water, generating electricity and other uses. Solar panels are obviously better for the environment than traditional forms of energy widely used nowadays. Solar power can be used in various ways, much more than just producing electricity for our homes.
Solar Panel Facts for everybody
- To provide and make use of solar energy, solar electric panels are needed. They are also known as photovoltaic cells or PV cells. Mainly, solar electric panels include an array of cells that convert solar radiation to direct electricity.
- Solar cells are the building blocks of solar panels. Each cell produces a small amount of electricity which is combined with the other cells in the panel to produce a usable amount of electricity.
- Panels used for generating solar energy are quiet and require very little maintenance. Just make sure that the panel is free from debris and the glass is clean.
- Once installed these panels are likely to efficiently work for as long as 20 years. If a solar system has a battery back-up it can provide electricity round the clock even when it is cloudy
- Solar energy is very safe for the environment, since it produces negligibly small amounts of elements, and only during the process of manufacturing the solar materials.
- The amount of solar energy reaching the Earth in one year is twice as much as will ever be obtained from coal, oil, natural gas, and uranium combined.
- Solar energy is produced in the form of direct current, this is the same type of electricity that comes out of a battery, and since most household appliances and electronics are made to run on grid power that is in the form of alternating current. One needs an inverter to change the direct current produced as solar energy into alternating current that our appliances can use.
How much Solar Panels Cost
In order to form a realistic impression about solar costs, one should think of several factors that significantly affect the whole cost. For example, the type of your future solar system, manufacturer, and additional labor fees are the most essential factors. That is why you must test several online offers before you decide.